My Guide Website?
Florence: Bell Tower, Baptistery & Duomo Museum Tour6 Reviews
Climb Giotto's Bell Tower to a height of 87 meters (285 feet). Explore the Baptistery and the Opera del Duomo Museum with an expert guide.
- Climb Giotto's bell tower and see the beautiful landscape of Florence
- Visit the Baptistery of with its outstanding Bizantine mosaics and marble interior
- Explore the Museum of the Duomo with the original manufacts of genius Renaissance artists
DescriptionDiscover stunning views of Florence with a guided tour of Giotto’s Bell Tower. See where many famous figures were baptized at the The Baptistery of St. John, and admire artwork by Renaissance masters at the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo. This tour begins at Giotto’s amazing Bell Tower, which is almost as tall as the Dome itself. At the top of the Campanile, your tour guide will tell you about the Opera del Duomo complex. Admire the unbelievable view from the top. Next, descend the tower and explore the Cathedral's beautiful exterior. Make a stop at the Baptistery to see its famous golden vault doors and hear the story behind them. This is where Dante Alighieri, one of the most famous Renaissance poets, and many more Renaissance men were baptized. Then head to the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo to see the original masterpieces that once stood in the cathedral. Inside the museum are Michelangelo's Pietà Bandini, the Cantories of Donatello, Luca della Robbia, and the so-called 'Facciatone', which is Arnolfo’s 14th-century life-size facade. See the original Ghiberti's Paradise Gate, Donatello's Magdalene, and the original decorations of Giotto's.
IncludesEntrance fees Expert local tour guide
- The ascent of the campanile/bell tower involves 414 steps and there is no elevator
- You must cover your shoulders and legs to enter the Opera del Duomo Complex