My Guide Website?
Florence: Charterhouse Guided Tour and Hills Walking Tour
Discover the majestic Florence Charterhouse on a guided tour and enjoy a scenic walk through beautiful hills. Visit the Charterhouse, see S. Felice ad Ema, and walk through Costa S. Giorgio.
- Visit the Florence Charterhouse
- Marvel at the sights of Galluzzo hills
- Discover S.Felice ad Ema Church
- See the impressive Forte Belvedere
- Walk the famous Costa S.Giorgio
DescriptionStarting from Porta Romana will take public transportation to Galluzzo area, a short walk will introduce to the famous Florence Charterhouse, founded in the 14th Century on the top of Monte Acuto. A guided 1-hour tour inside the Charterhouse will introduce the various buildings of the complex, Church, Chapter House, Cloister and Cells. A short panoramic rest after the visit will be a recharger for the guided walk through the hills towards City Center. S.Felice ad Ema Church will be an off the beaten path discovery before walking uphill to Poggio Imperiale. The walk will continue through small ancient hill roads with plenty of sights and historical Villas in S.Leonardo in Arcetri. Massive architectures of Forte Belvedere will introduce a beautiful downhill walk through Costa S.Giorgio, where famous buildings such as Villa Bardini and Galileo Galilei house are located. Santa Felicita church will introduce the typical and characteristic Oltrarno district, ending point of the guided walk. Additional information Length: 7,5 km Difficulty: Tourist Difference in height: +150 Route type: Ring, landscape and cultural interests Dogs not allowed The guide reserves the right to make changes to the excursion to ensure the safety of the group, or to cancel the excursion in case of bad weather and / or alert. Flexibility for other dates and times, morning-afternoon, please contact us.
IncludesProfessional Hiking and Nature Interpretive Guide (L.R. 86/2016) Charterhouse admission ticket and guided tour
- Upon request, the tour can be conducted on other days and times to be arranged. Public transportation ticked must be purchased in advance. Entrance fee and guided tour of the Carthusian Monastery included. The guided walk is about 4 hours long and involves some up and downhills. Food and drinks are not included. The tour will take place in good weather and light rain.