Florence: Fashion Private Tour with Museum Visits1 Reviews
Italian fashion originates in Florence since Roman times and continues being famous by cloth merchants of the Middle Ages. This tour is an excellent opportunity to have the appointment with history of fashion 'Made in Italy'.
- Learn everything about Florentine fashion
- Visit Palazzo Pitti with magnificent Costume Gallery
- Explore the Silver Museum, with the jewelry collections of Medici and Lorraine
- Get an introduction to the Boboli Gardens
- Disover the Ferragamo Museum
DescriptionThe first fashion show in Italy took place in Florence, Villa Torrigiani, 12 February 1951 and the second in the Sala Bianca of Palazzo Pitti. The tour will start from the Ferragamo Museum. They documented the entirety of Salvatore Ferragamo activities, since his return from the US to Italy in 1927 until his death and hear plenty interesting stories about this fashion house. Very important to visit next is the Palazzo Pitti with magnificent Costume Gallery. There, approximately six thousand pieces, ancient and modern clothes, accessories and theater costumes. Considered the only museum of the history of fashion in Italy and one of the most important one. Also a stop by Museo degli Argenti - Silver Museum, with the jewelry collections of Medici and Lorraine. The most important there to see is the 'Scaramazza Pearl' of Anna Maria Luisa, the last of the Medici dynasty. The visit will end with an introduction to the Boboli Gardens, the famous Italian garden.
IncludesEntrance tickets Multilingual private guide Hotel pick up or drop off
- Alternatively to the visit of the Costume Museum Gallery, Silver Museum and Boboli Gardens you may choose to visit the Gucci Museum.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability