My Guide Website?
Florence: Medieval & Renaissance Private 3-Hour Walking Tour14 Reviews
With a private guide, enjoy personalized attention on an amazing Florence walking tour, exploring highlights like San Lorenzo Square, the Duomo, Giotto's Bell Tower, Dante’s House, and more.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Livorno: Florence & Pisa Shore Excursion with Food Tasting
- Best of Tuscany Full-Day Scenic Tour from Florence
- From Florence: Chianti Guided Tour with Tuscan Wine Tasting
- From Florence: Parmesan, Balsamic Vinegar, & Prosciutto Tour
- Florence: Chianti Wineries Tour with Food and Wine Tasting
- Discover the Medieval & Renaissance Florence's history on a 3-hour walking tour
- Be amazed by the Balisica of San Lorenzo and the Medici's chapels
- Admire the magnificent FlorenceCathedral and the Duomo Complex monuments
- Explore Piazza della Signoria, an open-air museum overlooked by Palazzo Vecchio
- Walk across Ponte Vecchio to reach the wonderful Pitti Palace
DescriptionMeet your personal expert guide at your hotel (if centrally located) to embark on an immersive private walking tour. Begin in the vibrant Central Market area, renowned for its bustling workshops and colorful stalls, home to the Medici Chapels and Basilica di S. Lorenzo, the Medici family church. From there, a short stroll brings you to Piazza del Duomo, where you'll marvel at the Cathedral's interior and Brunelleschi's Dome, alongside Giotto’s Bell Tower and the Baptistery of Saint John with its famed Gates of Paradise. Continue your private tour through medieval quarters once inhabited by Dante Alighieri and Beatrice, passing landmarks like the Palazzo del Bargello and reaching Piazza della Signoria, an open-air sculpture museum dominated by the majestic Palazzo Vecchio. Adjacent is the globally renowned Uffizi Gallery. Your expert guide will lead you to the charming Mercato della Paglia (Straw Market), home to the iconic Piglet Fountain, and along the street leading to Ponte Vecchio, known as the 'jewels bridge'. Crossing it, you'll arrive at the magnificent Pitti Palace, where your tour concludes.
IncludesMeet with the guide at your hotel in Florence (if centrally located) Private local guide for 3 hours Earphones for groups of more than 9 participants
- Access to the Cathedral is not pre-bookable, so entry for an interior visit is subject to queue length.
- The Cathedral is closed on Sunday mornings, National Holidays, and during religious ceremonies.
- Entry to the cathedral is forbidden if you are wearing shorts, bare shoulders, sandals, hats, or sunglasses