My Guide Website?
Florence & Pisa Private Shore Excursion from Livorno Port7 Reviews
Discover the cradle of the Renaissance on a full-day shore excursion to Florence and Pisa from the cruise ship port of Livorno. Go to the Piazza dei Miracoli and see the Leaning Tower of Pisa, and tour the historic center of Florence.
- Admire the white and green marble façade of San Miniato al Monte Church, one of the purest examples of Florentine Romanesque architecture
- See masterpieces of Renaissance architecture around the Duomo of Florence
- Direct your driver to Piazza Santa Croce to see the last resting place of many famous Italians
- Discover boutique stores and traditional trattorias
- Visit craft workshops in the Santa Croce or Santo Spirito neighborhoods
- Stand in the majestic Piazza dei Miracoli and see the Leaning Tower of Pisa
- Tailor the tour to your interests
DescriptionEnjoy a full-day private shore excursion of Pisa and Florence from Livorno Port and discover the cradle of the Renaissance, one of the most important periods for art and architecture in history. Sit back and relax as you drive through the rolling hills of the Tuscan countryside. As you approach Florence, drive up the Viale dei Colli to Piazzale Michelangelo for the most impressive views of the city. Follow an uphill road, bordered by ancient walls, to Forte Belvedere, built by the Grand-Duke Ferdinand to protect his Medici villas. Enter the city via the Porta Romana to Pitti Palace, home to the Gallery of Modern Art, Costume Gallery, Palatine Gallery, Royal Apartments, Coach Museum, and Silver and Porcelain Museums, as well as the magnificent Boboli Gardens. The next stop is the Piazza della Repubblica, surrounded by historical literary cafés. Following the Via De'Calzaiuoli, admire masterpieces of Renaissance architecture around the Duomo. Your driver is completely at your disposal and will be happy to take you to Piazza Santa Croce to visit the Santa Croce Church to see where many famous Italians are buried. Cross the elegant Ponte Vecchio, still home to gold and jewelry vendors. For shopping hounds and hungry souls, explore the stores and trattorias of the city center, and sample a scrumptious plate of pasta or grab a smart new leather jacket. The most important street for shopping is Via De' Tornabuoni, with designer boutiques like Prada, Gucci, Armani, Cartier, and much more. You can also discover local crafts in small workshops in the Santa Croce or Santo Spirito neighborhoods. Or practice your bargaining skills at the San Lorenzo outdoor market. In the afternoon, you will drive to Pisa and explore the gentle town as it recalls the days of the Pisan Republic. See the astonishing Piazza dei Miracoli (Square of Miracles), home to the medieval Duomo, Baptistery, and legendary Leaning Tower.
IncludesTransportation by Mercedes Benz sedan or minivan with air-conditioning English-speaking driver/guide Tax and VAT Tolls, parking fees and fuel
- If you are interested in visiting the museums in Florence (Accedemia or Uffizi highly recommended), or climbing the Leaning Tower of Pisa please advise in advance. Tickets can be reserved to skip the lines