My Guide Website?
Florence: Santa Croce Semi Private Tour
Learn how Santa Croce played an important role in the history. See art by Giotto, Donatello, and Brunelleschi and tombs of Michelangelo and Galileo on a semi-private tour with an expert guide.
- Explore Santa Croce on a semi-private tour with an expert guide
- See famous works of art by Giotto, Donatello, Brunelleschi, and other masters
- Learn about the role the church and its neighborhood residents played in the history of the city
- Step inside one the city’s medieval churches and learn about architecture, sculpture, and painting
DescriptionStep inside a place where history was made. See beautiful art and architecture. Learn about the city’s famous residents at Santa Croce and the contributions they have made to Western civilization with a local guide on a fascinating small group tour. Discover how the Franciscan monks’ transformed this part of town, which was one of the worst slums of the city, into a cultural hub. Admiring treasures of world art, see how the Franciscan monks’ approach to religion revolutionized the art world, paving the way for the Renaissance. See frescoes by the medieval master Giotto, who was to become an inspiration for generations of artists to follow. See monumental tomb sculptures dating from the Renaissance to the 19th century. Explore the grounds of the monastery with the Pazzi Chapel built by Brunelleschi and the monks’ dining hall decorated with one of the earliest Last Supper frescoes in Italian art.
IncludesSemi-private 1.5 guided tour with a local, expert guide Entrance tickets to Santa Croce Church and Museum Radio headset
- Modest clothing is required to enter places of worship
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Reserve Your ExperienceFrom€80.00Book Now Reserve now & pay later to book your spot and pay nothing today