Florence: Tour with Accademia and Optional Duomo Visit205 Reviews
Enjoy access to Michelangelo's David at the Accademia and view the outside of the spectacular Duomo, in the intimacy of a small group tour. Enjoy a guided walk through the streets and squares of this Renaissance city to further appreciate its riches.
- Take in the top sights of Florence in just a few hours
- Skip the long lines to marvel at Michelangelo's David, one of the best-known sculptures in the world
- Admire the stunning architecture of Florence Cathedral from the outside
- Discover the Piazza della Signoria and Ponte Vecchio on an informative walking tour
- Visit inside the famous Florence Cathedral (if option selected)
DescriptionThis Best of Florence Tour offers visitors the opportunity to see the city’s top sights in just a few hours. Your guided tour begins with a visit to see Michelangelo's David – the most popular man in Florence. Enjoy skip-the-line entrance and avoid the long queues. Once inside the Galleria your guide will lead you by the Slaves, lining the corridor leading to David. Hear the story behind this iconic work of art and spot the details that make David one of the world's most captivating sculptures. With an expert art historian on hand and with a maximum of 15 people in your group you'll be able to have all your questions answered. Next you’ll feast your eyes on one of the city's architectural gems, Florence Cathedral. As you admire its dome from the outside, you’ll hear the story of how its architect Brunelleschi recovered lost knowledge and expanded the realm of what was deemed humanly possible all in his pursuit of building it. Select the option including entrance to Florence Cathedral to explore inside this magnificent building. The beauty of Florence isn't confined to its galleries and churches, as you’ll see in the streets and piazzas of the Renaissance city. Enjoy a guided walk to see the best of the rest for a fuller understanding of the history and culture of Florence. At Piazza della Signoria, you’ll admire magnificent sculptures in the open air. Hear about the notorious and influential Medici family at Palazzo Vecchio. Visit the Ponte Vecchio and enjoy the quirky architecture of the bridge. Before the end of your visit be sure to rub the nose of Il Porcellino to guarantee your safe return to Florence.
IncludesSkip-the-line admission to the Accademia Gallery Fast-track entrance to Florence Cathedral (if option selected) Walking tour of Florence English-speaking guide Headsets Entrance to Florence Cathedral (unless option selected) Hotel pickup and drop-off Gratuities
- Only small handbags are permitted inside the Accademia. Large backpacks and large pointy umbrellas are not allowed. There is also no cloakroom inside the Accademia Gallery.
- If option with entrance to Florence Cathedral selected, remember that the cathedral is a holy place so please dress appropriately. It may not be possible to enter the Baptistry on your guided tour due to long security lines.
- Florence Cathedral is subject to closure during special celebrations. If this occurs, the local partner will provide an alternative itinerary.
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCHECK AVAILABILITY