My Guide Website?
Florence Walking Tour History of the City & of the Medici
Follow the rise to power of the Medici family walking the most iconic sites of the city of Florence in the company of your expert, local tour guide. From the Medici Palace to the Pitti Palace.
- Familiarize yourself with the history of the most famous Florence dynasty
- Enjoy Florence's major piazzas, buildings, and bridges of the powerful Medici family
- Dispel doubts about characters like Giovanni de' Bicci and the last Grand-dukes of the Medici
- Make your Florence experience more valuable with this introductory 1.5-hour walking tour
DescriptionThis tour is ideal for those who want to know how the Medici family has deeply influenced the political, social and artistic history of the city of Florence for over 300 years. Walk through Florence city center from the San Lorenzo Neighborhood to the Santo Spirito Neighborhood, following the destiny of the powerful merchants and bankers from their origins, as they financed the reconstruction of San Lorenzo Basilica. Discover the way the urban fabric was transformed, how the arts were used as powerful propaganda for the Medici family, and how it is still visible in today's Florence on this tour.
IncludesFlorentine, professional licensed tour guide Headsets to hear the voice of your guide clearly
- It is advisable to wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a little bottle of water, especially in the summertime
- Please be at meeting point 5 minutes prior to tour departure