From Florence: 2-Hour Lucca Private Guided Tour
On this private guided walking tour, you'll explore the town of Lucca famous for its intact Renaissance city walls. You'll see the most important attractions, while listening to the history of the town and of Puccini, the famous composer born here.
- Enjoy a full immersion guided tour of Lucca, its main monuments and historical buildings
- See Church of San Michele, Cathedral of San Martino, the Anfiteatro Square, Napoleon Square and Piazza del Giglio
- Visit and learn about the history of the Renaissance city walls, which remained entirely intact through the years
- See the exterior of the birthplace of the famous composer Puccini (La Bohème and Madama Butterfly)
DescriptionJoin this guided walking tour of the pretty town of Lucca. You'll walk along its intact Renaissance city walls, while listening to an introduction covering the city's history, past and present economy. Walk through San Paolino Street and see the famous composer Puccini’s birthplace (exterior only), the dazzling church of San Michele with its wedding cake facade, the imposing Piazza Napoleone and nearby Piazza del Giglio, the Romanesque cathedral housing the famous Volto Santo, a wooden crucifix supposedly made on the night when Jesus died. Walking along the busy Via Fillungo, you'll see the most posh shopping street in town flanked by stunning medieval buildings and towers, including Torre Guinigi with trees on the top. The tour ends at Piazza Anfiteatro with its miniature coliseum converted centuries ago into a condominium, nowadays one the most picturesque squares in Tuscany. Oh, and don't forget to bring your camera along.
IncludesPrivate tour led by an expert guide Round trip from Florence via private transfer Food and drinks Entrance tickets
- The duration of the transfer is approximately 1-hour and 15 minutes each way (the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions)
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to the main sites which require an entrance fee. In case you want to visit any particular site, you'll have to buy a ticket at the place
- The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of an exceptionally heavy rain, the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability