My Guide Website?
From Florence: Assisi and Cortona Full-Day Guided Tour86 Reviews
Experience the stunning religious architecture of the city of Assisi, the home of San Francesco. Take in the beauty of the Etruscan town of Cortona, where you’ll see movie sets from Under the Tuscan Sun and have a chance to enjoy panoramic area views.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience Assisi, one of Umbria’s most beautiful cities, with an experienced guide
- Visit the Church of San Francesco d'Assisi, and other important churches in the city
- Enjoy free time exploring the beautiful town of Cortona
DescriptionHead out from Florence into the rolling green hills of Tuscany and Umbria to discover the architectural jewels of Assisi and Cortona. Your 11-hour tour begins in Assisi, the home of San Francesco. Your guide will lead you along the narrow, winding streets of the medieval town as you learn about its history. Inside the Basilica of San Francesco d’Assisi you’ll admire Giotto’s frescos of the life of San Francesco and discover why this is such an important pilgrimage site. See the interior of the Basilica of Santa Chiara, dedicated to a follower of San Francesco. Afterwards you’ll have free time for a stroll around this mystical city. Your tour will then continue with a visit to Santa Maria degli Angeli Church, the birthplace of the Franciscan Order. Cross back into Tuscany to the town of Cortona, built by the Etruscans, and noted for its architectural wonders and panoramic views over the surrounding landscape. Cortona is also well known as the setting for the movie, Under the Tuscan Sun.
IncludesRoundtrip transportation by fully equipped GT coach Expert multi-lingual escort Assisi tour with a professional guide Admission to the Church of San Francesco Admission to the Church of Santa Chiara Admission to the Church of Santa Maria degli Angeli Free time in Cortona Stop for panoramic pictures at Passignano sul Trasimeno
- Please note that the given order of the visits may change.
- Entrance into churches requires a strict dress code. The local partner cannot be held responsible for denied entry due to improper dress. Please make sure your shoulders and knees are covered.