From Florence: Cooking Class & Lunch at Tuscan Farmhouse21 Reviews
A full-day hands-on cooking class in a stunning setting in the Tuscan countryside including a food tour through the historic center of Florence.
- Take a small-group Italian cooking class at a breathtaking farmhouse set in the rolling hills of Tuscany!
- Explore Florence on a morning food tour with tastings
- See San Lorenzo's colorful Mercato Centrale
- Have a hands-on experience and learn to make bruschetta, home-made pasta, Tuscan roast pork with potatoes and tiramisù
- Enjoy your freshly cooked meal accompanied with wine after the class
- Master the secrets of traditional dishes that you will easily re-create at home for your friends and family
DescriptionFirst discover Florence's historical food market where the locals do their daily shopping. Blend in with the locals, and meet the bakers, the butchers, and the farmers selling vegetables from their fields. Their stalls are full of items such as fresh fruit, vegetables, cheeses, cured meats, balsamic vinegar, sun dried tomatoes, olives and many other Italian food specialties. Shop for the ingredients to use for the cooking class and learn to choose the best seasonal products. Then it's time to start your cooking lesson at a farmhouse in Tuscany. This isn't just a demonstration, you will actually take part in creating a full traditional Tuscan meal with the chef's help. You will learn to make real Italian fresh pasta by hand with freshly laid eggs and learn to make a traditional meat sauce using ingredients from right outside the door! Learn to prepare a classic bruschetta with fresh bread, homegrown tomatoes and the farmhouse's own extra virgin olive oil and then take a break to enjoy it with a glass of Chianti wine. After the break it's back to the lesson where you will learn how to prepare traditional Tuscan roast pork, aristan and Tuscan roast potatoes using fresh herbs collected from around the farmhouse. To finish the class, you will learn the secrets of the wonderful Italian coffee and cream dessert, Tiramisù. At last sit down to enjoy a wonderful meal. Each course will be paired with a carefully selected wine from the region to compliment the flavors of the food you have prepared. At the end of your meal, your driver will be waiting for you for a short drive back to Florence, so it's time to say 'arrivederci' after an unforgettable experience in Tuscany.
IncludesFlorence food walking tour Transportation from Florence to the farmhouse and back Cooking lesson and lunch with wine Recipes An Italian cooking diploma for your hard work
- On Sundays and public holidays there can be no visit to the San Lorenzo's Mercato Centrale
- Due to uneven and steep surfaces, the tour is not suitable for anyone with walking difficulties or wheelchair users
- Unfortunately vegetarian or other alternative dietary requirements cannot be catered to
Easy cancellationCancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
Book an Experience
Reserve your experience nowCheck Availability