My Guide Website?
From Florence: Cooking Class & Lunch at Tuscan Farmhouse190 Reviews
Learn how to create delicious Tuscan dishes with a tour of the food market in Florence. Meet butchers, bakers, and farmers and choose the best ingredients for your cooking class in a rural farmhouse.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Experience a hands-on cooking class at a breathtaking farmhouse in rural Tuscany
- Explore Florence's bustling Mercato Centrale as you shop for fresh ingredients
- Create some classic Italian dishes like bruschetta, pasta, ragù, and Tiramisù
- Enjoy your delicious 3-course meal paired with local wine after the class
- Master the secrets of traditional dishes which you can easily re-create at home
DescriptionDiscover the rich culinary heritage of Florence and Tuscany as you browse the city's historic Mercato Centrale. Meet the locals and choose the ingredients for a hands-on cooking class in a beautiful Tuscan farmhouse in the countryside. Join your guide in the morning and first stroll through Florence's historic and colorful Mercato Centrale. Take in the sights, sounds, and smells as you blend in with the locals doing their daily shopping. Meet the bakers, butchers, and farmers selling the freshest high-quality produce. Browse the stalls for fresh fruit, vegetables, cheeses, cured meats, balsamic vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, and many other staples of Italian cuisine. Shop for the best ingredients to use for the cooking class, whilst learning how to choose the best seasonal products. Then, board the bus to head into the sprawling fields of the countryside surrounding Florence, arriving at a charming Tuscan farmhouse in a quiet location. With your chef guiding you, discover how to create a delicious and traditional Tuscan meal. Discover how to make authentic Italian pasta by hand with freshly laid eggs. Pair this with a traditional and hearty ragù. Prepare a classic bruschetta with fresh bread, homegrown tomatoes, and the farmhouse's own extra virgin olive oil. Then, take a break with a glass of Chianti wine. After the short break prepare some traditional Tuscan roast pork and roast potatoes using fresh herbs collected from around the farmhouse. Finally, discover the secrets of the wonderful Italian coffee and cream dessert, Tiramisù. Finally sit down to enjoy the fruits of your labor, a delicious 3-course meal paired with carefully selected wine from the region to compliment the flavors of the delicious dishes you have created. At the end of your meal, receive a diploma and a copy of the recipes so you can re-create traditional dishes back at home for your friends and family. Your driver will be waiting for you for a short drive back to Florence, as you say 'arrivederci' after an unforgettable experience in Tuscany.
IncludesMercato Centrale walking tour Guide Transportation from Florence to the farmhouse and back Cooking lesson 3-course lunch Wine Recipes Italian cooking diploma
- Mercato Centrale will not be visited on Sundays or public holidays as the market is closed Due to uneven and steep surfaces, the tour is not suitable for anyone with walking difficulties or wheelchair users Vegetarian or other alternative dietary requirements cannot be catered to