My Guide Website?
From Florence: Tuscany Bike Tour with Lunch and Wine Tasting12 Reviews
If you are a bike enthusiast and weekend rider that is not afraid of riding up hills, this is the ride for you. Spend a full-day riding through the Tuscan hills and the Chianti area.
Our Top Experiences and Tours in Florence:If youʻre booking your trip to Florence last minute, we have you covered. Below are some of the top tours and experiences!
- Enjoy a winery visit at a local family-run Chianti farm
- Have a multi-course Tuscan lunch
- See outstanding views and panoramic landscapes
- have a nice workout to burn off some calories!
DescriptionThis tour will make you explore the Chianti Classico roads and fantastic landscapes with vineyards and olive groves. There are hills to climb (for a regularly trained rider, it's an easy ride, but for the average person it can be very challenging - it's a 30km/19 miles ride with 300m/950ft elevation gain. You can ask in advance if E-bikes are available) Once you arrive in the Chianti Classico area, you get to see one of the best views of Florence. The ride then continues further into the hills, where you will enjoy a typical Tuscan multi-course lunch at one of the favorite Chianti farms in the area, which is claimed by many of the guests to be one of the best meals of their trip. There, you see how their wine and olive oil are made and stored. A winery visit will also be included, where you will sample both olive oil and wine. Tuscan multi-course lunch is a highlight at a local traditional family-run Chianti farm. Purchase and shipping of both wine and oil are available from the vineyard. The return ride to Florence is mostly downhill, getting you back to the shop no later than 4:15.
IncludesRegular touring bike with gears (if you want an E-bike, please ask in advance as they sell out fast, they are 30€ each to pay cash the day of the tour, depending on the availability) Helmet Water bottle Professional tour leader Winery tour with wine and olive oil tasting A Tuscan multi-course lunch Purchase and shipping of both wine and oil are available from the vineyard 32 km / 19 miles itinerary
- This tour is not van-supported; participants must be comfortable on a bike all day.
- You must be proficient at riding a bike and in good shape!
- If special care is needed as regards food i.e. (diabetics/allergies) please let us know in advance, and we will endeavor to accommodate you. We can accommodate vegetarians or vegans.
- Upgrade to an e-bike for an extra €30 per person (ask us in advance as we have a limited number). For all bike tours: If you are traveling with children aged under 10 years, please contact us in advance with ages and heights, and we will do our best to accommodate your needs, so we make sure we have suitable bikes and options for them.
- We suggest booking the tour as private if there are kids under the age of 1o year of age, as this makes the tour more enjoyable, safe, and customized to the needs of the participants. We focus a lot on customer experience and this is the best way to improve it.