My Guide Website?
Florence: Opera del Duomo Museum & Florence Baptistery Tour4 Reviews
Discover the secrets hidden in the Opera del Duomo Museum and admire the magnificence of the Florence Baptistery on this guided tour.
- Feast your eyes on some of Michelangelo's greatest works in the Opera del Duomo
- Learn more about the history of the cathedral's construction from your guide
- Admire Michelangelo's second Pietà, Pietà Bandini, in the Opera del Duomo Museum
- Walk through the impressive golden Gates of Paradise in the Florence Baptistery
- Discover Donatello's magnificent sculptures and learn about Brunelleschi's art
DescriptionGet off the beaten track and discover one of the Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore's lesser-known treasures, the Opera del Duomo Museum, on a guided tour. Complete your tour with a visit to the Florence Baptistery, also known as the Baptistery of San Giovanni. In the company of your guide, explore the wonders of the Opera del Duomo Museum. Marvel at sights such as Ghiberti's Gates of Paradise, Michelangelo's Pietà Bandini, and the Penitent Magdalene. As you stroll through the museum, discover the mysteries and legends that surround the construction of the world-renowned Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore and learn about the race between Brunelleschi and Ghiberti. You will also have the opportunity to imagine, thanks to a faithful reconstruction of the position of the statues, how the Cathedral facade looked in the original plans. Finish your tour with a visit to the renowned Baptistery of San Giovanni where you can admire one of the largest mosaics in the world and the iconic Gates of Paradise.
IncludesFast entrance tickets Certified tour guide Headphones
- You must pass through airport-style security to enter the cathedral complex which may result in a short queue